Ozric Tentacles Anyone?

I recently discovered Ozric Tenacles "Jurassic Shift" through Pandora.com (great music site).

This band really kicks it!

I'd describe it as atmospheric, progressive rock jams. Think of some of the longer Porcupine Tree instrumentals. Different though.

Great recording as well.

Highly recommended.
tvad
Strangeitude is good to as well as Erpland.
Qdrone (System | Threads | Answers)
Are these substantially different musically...or are they more of the same?
I agree that Strangeitude is great. If you like that one then Arborescence is very similar so you should like that one as well. But yeah...it's kinda more of the same. You might want to check out their technoish side project called Eat Static. I'm surprised more prog guys don't talk about the Ozrics.
I had picked up 'The Floor's Too Far Away' and was kind of on the fence. It has it's moments but I didn't like the way the guitar tracks were done. Perhaps not the best introduction to this band?
Yeah rule of thumb on Ozric Tentacles all their stuff starts to sound the same. So two or three of their catalog should be enough. Strangeitude is my fave and erpland runs a close second. I do like Jurassic Shift though. Be aware that they do have 2fers,2 albums on one cd on ebay and amazon too.