Ozric Tentacles Anyone?

I recently discovered Ozric Tenacles "Jurassic Shift" through Pandora.com (great music site).

This band really kicks it!

I'd describe it as atmospheric, progressive rock jams. Think of some of the longer Porcupine Tree instrumentals. Different though.

Great recording as well.

Highly recommended.
tvad
I agree that Strangeitude is great. If you like that one then Arborescence is very similar so you should like that one as well. But yeah...it's kinda more of the same. You might want to check out their technoish side project called Eat Static. I'm surprised more prog guys don't talk about the Ozrics.
I had picked up 'The Floor's Too Far Away' and was kind of on the fence. It has it's moments but I didn't like the way the guitar tracks were done. Perhaps not the best introduction to this band?
Yeah rule of thumb on Ozric Tentacles all their stuff starts to sound the same. So two or three of their catalog should be enough. Strangeitude is my fave and erpland runs a close second. I do like Jurassic Shift though. Be aware that they do have 2fers,2 albums on one cd on ebay and amazon too.
Ozrics dude! these guys rule! They're probably the most underrated psychodelic band out there. They got it all: prog, psych, groovy bass lines, techno beats, ambient excursions into the unknown....you name it. I still remember the first time I heard the opening track on the double CD compilation Afterwish... I was floored. Strangeitude and Arborescence are a must. And their live shows are a total kick! Check out Myriapod off Arborescence if you are into guitar riffs! And Snakepit still baffles me, clearly a very smart guitarrist who knows how to handle delay pedals like no one else. Be sure to surf their entire catalog. There's very little that will dissapoint you.

oh, and listen to Qdrone, he's right: Snapper reissued their catalog in a double cd edition (2for1 format). Problem was: thy butchered the covers (I hated this!!! Blim's artwork is very original and psychodelic). Don't know why in the ..... they would replace the covers with amateur crappy artwork. I spoke with Ed Wynn about it and he wasn't happy either.

now go fetch the pongmaster!!!!!!