Synth/Electronic LP recommendations

After picking up Kraftwerk's "Minimum-Maximum" and Gary Neuman's "Replicas" this past year, I'd like to get some other LP's of synth-based music. Any suggestions?
roblanger
Looks like I have alot of LP searching/purchasing ahead of me :)

I'm going to try to work chronologically through some of the suggestions. I've located a CBS 1/2 speed version of Wendy Carlos' "Switched on Bach", so I'll be starting there.
Why O Why is the ultimate so often neglected? The great electronic composer of the 40's - 70's.

Luigi Nono, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Ligeti, Pierre Henry, Luc Ferarri, John Cage, Morton Subotnick, et al....
Synthfreek, Yes I do like minimal stuff and do immenslely love the pole, Deepchord, basic channel, loscil sound, Rod modell's last is diff the deepchord but still very good. Like I said, the dub tractor is really unique. The 'hideout', his last is complete departure from his first two, but oh so gorgeous. I can't have enough of the hideout. Heavy rotation. I will be sure to check out your recommendations. And Chashmal's too.

Amontobin is also unique

Then there are minimal spacey ambient stuff from Biosphere.

Some good stuff from Tarwater. (the guy can't sing a la Kraftwerk, but good quirky melodies and guitar work)- 'The needle was travelling' a really standout and a must buy. How is the new 'spider smile'?

'Kiln' stuff is a must buy. 'Bibio'is unique electronic 'folk' music, although nothing like typical folk. You buy this kind of stuff after you do Mastery in electronic music listening. Not to start out with. You will eventually be able to separate real stuff from cheesy and typical dance music.(stay away from this and 'compilations') Of course good dance (upbeat)music is out there. Check out 'Motor', the vegetable Orchestra, The field, from kareoki to stardom, skull disco.

Monolake is really good stuff. 'Pop ambient' offerings from Kompact label is always good bet

I can go on and on...
Single Cell Orchestra did some nice stuff back in the mid 90s.

I agree, must of the complications suck, but back in the 90s there were some good ones: Free Zone 2, Chill out or Die 2, the Astralwerks samplers (I have one that has FSOL and Labradford, the Labradford cut in particular is awesome), the Apollo Divine Compilation (has a Biosphere cut on it)... these are LPs that I can play from one end to the other.

I think Orbital had a fabulous career. 'Insides' is one of my favorites, and 'Blue' was a great swan song, especially with the Lisa Gerrard cut at the end.

Although I'm not a fan of her, Madonna's Ray of Light LP, collaborated with William Orbit, has several nice electronic cuts. IMO its her best work since I can't listen to anything else she did :)

If we expand this genre just slightly, Mogwai is suddenly on the horizon- their second to last LP (current LP is The Hawk is Howling) was a set of remixes and is a lot of fun, and I recommend anything that they did. Although its not on LP, the soundtrack to The Fountain is really nice too. Mono is a Japanese band that sounds enough like Mogwai that if you like Mogwai, you will like Mono too.

Sundial did a wonderful set of LPs back in the 90s- hailed as one of the modern masters of psych. A spinoff LP, Quad, is really wonderful and well worth the effort, if you want something more chilled.

I'm not a fan of his later works, but the early Aphex Twin, which is really minimalist, is recommended.
Agree. Orbital has had a fabulous career. Ditto about the 'Insides'. Orbital's last the Blue was in many ways departure from their signature sound, but still very good. The last thing you want in these electronic albums is someone singing vocals. Surprising Orbitals not only pulls off with Lisa Gerrard singing but it becomes high light of the album that you repeat for and tickled pink (that is the best I can come up with;-))in anticipation. I think Orbita had pulled similar vocal tracks before with great success.
Agree on Madonna's Ray of Light LP-A stand out.
Agree times 3 on Aphex Twin later work. The last good album was the 'Druqks'. Although, the LP contained some handful great keyboard melodies ever made, the rest was his drill and bass, although the excellent kind in this album, is in stark contrast to the beautiful keyboard/piano melodies. 'The Richard D james Album is another standout and serious piece of work. The 26 for cash was not bad. Now he is putting out non stop unremarkable stuff on Vinyl. May be he should take a high road and retire?