Bruce at The Super Bowl....

I thought he was great. The song selection, energy and showmanship all first rate. It had a carnival, circus vibe going on. Appropriate for the venue I think.
dreadhead
Next stop...your local county fairs. Just kidding, but not Bruce at his best. He is starting to remind me of an ex-Packer QB who should just fade away. Where is the shame of going out on top?
I thought it was a good show. He gave the people what they wanted to see. Sorry the rest of you didn't like it.

It didn't matter if he couldn't hit the high notes anymore. I can't hear them anyway! :)
Tough crowd! No, it wasn't perfect (what is?), but Bruce at the SB was still the best in years. Yes, some of his latest albums have had some weak spots, just like some of
Dylan's middle years, but his early albums (like Dylan's),
were really great. He's in my Top 20, and if you have ever
seen him live, you know why they call him the "Boss".
I thought is was OK. It served it's purpose and didn't completely suck.

I saw Bruce when I was 17 on the darkness tour and to this day it was one of the best concerts I have ever seen.

But...

Bruce lost me with "Born in the USA." I can't stand the way it sounds and the lyricks had nothing for me. I have seen him since and frankly listening to a 55 year old sing Rosalita is a joke as well as watching him jump off pianos. It makes me cringe to see those old knees make that landing.

Bruce just enjoys being a celebrity way too much.

Here's a list of senior super stars that I think are still putting out dignified and meaningful work:

Mark Knopfler
Neil Young
Robert Plant
Eric Clapton
Emmylou Harris
BB King
James Taylor

You may not like their music but it would be hard to argue that they are making a joke of themselves.
That whole crotch into the camera was a metaphor for his entire political being, he has become an in your face dick!