How to fix CD?

Okay, I take very good care of my CDs. Handle 'em like my LPs. But over the years, a few have somehow developed whatever makes them freak out and get stuck. Looking for suggestions/products to take a shot at repairing the glitches so they won't freeze up.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this!
jdmeyers77
I do something similar to Schipo - but I use pure soap and I blot dry them with Viva paper towels (recommended by Lloyd Walker).

If this fails, do as Sidssp recommends - rip them to your hard drive with EAC and burn a copy. I was given a CD of interesting Indian fusion and it was so beat up it must have taken EAC over an hour to read the disc and copy it. The resulting CD-R was great. Rescued.

Regards,
it's sacrilidge on here to say this, but I have fixed many a cd and DVD with the DiscDR RX. Loud, and crude, but it works in most cases.

I had an Elton John ...To Be Continued disc (no. 2 with all the best songs on it) that hadn't played correctly in 10 plus years, that was fixed with the Disc Dr RX.

Of course, then rip all the songs to a hard drive with a hgih sample rate such as FLAC or WAV and don't worry about it again.
Thanks for your answers and help, folks! I'm not into computer audio however. In another 2-3 years it'll be better settled out, IMO.
Can anyone suggest how you rip and burn a cd and make it sound good? I've tried slow rips and burns on high quality cd-r's and they sound horrible. I'm using Windows Media Player.