How to fix CD?

Okay, I take very good care of my CDs. Handle 'em like my LPs. But over the years, a few have somehow developed whatever makes them freak out and get stuck. Looking for suggestions/products to take a shot at repairing the glitches so they won't freeze up.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this!
jdmeyers77
Thanks for your answers and help, folks! I'm not into computer audio however. In another 2-3 years it'll be better settled out, IMO.
Can anyone suggest how you rip and burn a cd and make it sound good? I've tried slow rips and burns on high quality cd-r's and they sound horrible. I'm using Windows Media Player.
I have found that using a cd treatment can help with cd's that are scratched. I use the auric by audience. It really works, it helps the quality of the sound, the bass response and the clarity, but as a secondary benifit, on a few of my cd's from my youth (which I didn't care for as well) I found that thet dont skip at all. It treats 200 to 300 cds permanently. and costs less than 60$ That would be an easy fix. Try it.
If we're talking scratches here, there are a few companies that polish the CD surface. Google "CD repair".
Haven't tried this so can't make specific recommendations.