Best CD I've heard so far 2011.........

Sarah Jarosz/Song Up In Her Head
Like a breath of fresh air, just great!
128x128rja
The year ain't over yet!

If you have a chance, listen to the new soundtrack to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo from Trent Reznor & Attica Ross. It opens with Karen O joining them for a remake of Zepplins The Immigrant song and it's wicked. Many of you will say this is sacrilege but fella's...blows the original away. Serious intensity....I recommend turning it up as loud as you are physically able. It's not a real indicator of whats to come as the record is mostly drone/ambient stuff but so so well done. This is a good one people.

I really enjoyed The Social Network OST, a very good record, but they obviously learned something from doing it and this is taken to a new level.
and...while I'm on the subject of soundtracks, I should mention the hauntingly beautiful soundtrack from The Cave Of Forgotten Dreams (Ernst Reijseger). Gorgeous cello performance with choral and piano. Very highly recommended. I have not had a chance to see the film yet but understand it is magnificent.
Audra Mae sang "Forever Young" on an episode of Sons of Anarchy which was not recorded on any of her cds. I have been looking for it ever since I heard it on the show. My first experience with her music.

Now, a compilation of songs from years 1-4 of the series is being released (Songs of Anarchy) and it is worth buying the cd for that track.

In an earlier post on this thread I mentioned being interested in some new music (I grew up with Holly, Redding, Joplin, Browne, and Zepplin music).

Well, I have ordered and received over forty of the titles mentioned on this thread along with some selections from Stereophile and Absolute Sound.

I have not played even half as yet but so far I have really enjoyed Civil Wars, Bon Iver, and James Blake.
OBrown...never heard of Audra Mae, gotta check her out. Glad we have all spent your money:) !

Since you like James Blake, he has a new EP and it's very very good, particularly the title track "Love What Happened Here" [R&S Records]. He also released a deluxe edition of the self titled album, a 2 disc set that contains his Enough Thunder EP and a few other odds and ends. I don't know what this whole "deluxe edition" trend is but it gets confusing for us music nerds.