Best CD I've heard so far 2011.........

Sarah Jarosz/Song Up In Her Head
Like a breath of fresh air, just great!
128x128rja
Audra Mae sang "Forever Young" on an episode of Sons of Anarchy which was not recorded on any of her cds. I have been looking for it ever since I heard it on the show. My first experience with her music.

Now, a compilation of songs from years 1-4 of the series is being released (Songs of Anarchy) and it is worth buying the cd for that track.

In an earlier post on this thread I mentioned being interested in some new music (I grew up with Holly, Redding, Joplin, Browne, and Zepplin music).

Well, I have ordered and received over forty of the titles mentioned on this thread along with some selections from Stereophile and Absolute Sound.

I have not played even half as yet but so far I have really enjoyed Civil Wars, Bon Iver, and James Blake.
OBrown...never heard of Audra Mae, gotta check her out. Glad we have all spent your money:) !

Since you like James Blake, he has a new EP and it's very very good, particularly the title track "Love What Happened Here" [R&S Records]. He also released a deluxe edition of the self titled album, a 2 disc set that contains his Enough Thunder EP and a few other odds and ends. I don't know what this whole "deluxe edition" trend is but it gets confusing for us music nerds.
Beth Hart + Joe Bonamassa - Don't Explain
Eilen Jewell - Queen of the Minor Key