Best CD I've heard so far 2011.........

Sarah Jarosz/Song Up In Her Head
Like a breath of fresh air, just great!
128x128rja
Bongo...did not know those AZ boy's had a new record. I'm straight off to buy it, thanks for the post. Not a minute of Calexico music that I have not enjoyed and I think I have all of their albums. Supremely talented guys and one of my all time favorite drummers.
I heard a lot of good ones in 2011. One that stands out (from late 2010 actually)was "Brain Wilson Re-imagines Gershwin". It is pretty successful as a modern interpretation of Gershwin with Wilson's unique flair applied. Sounds great and an easy and very pleasant listen. Good vibrations indeed!
I think I also need to order that new Calexico as well. I have a lot of their stuff. Such a distinctive style, and everyone who hears them at my house likes them. Some tracks off the Black Light album are great test tracks for equipment for me.
I haven't been able to locate the new Calexico locally on vinyl(my preferred medium), but hopefully will do so.

One of the best late arrivals in 2011 was Atlas Sound/Parallax. This is a Bradford Cox(Deerhunter) side project. It has the exotic shifting timbres of Deerhunter but better songcraft, a fascination with Fender single-coil sound like Tom Verlaine, and a stubborn individualism like Frank Black.