Best CD I've heard so far 2011.........

Sarah Jarosz/Song Up In Her Head
Like a breath of fresh air, just great!
128x128rja
I heard a lot of good ones in 2011. One that stands out (from late 2010 actually)was "Brain Wilson Re-imagines Gershwin". It is pretty successful as a modern interpretation of Gershwin with Wilson's unique flair applied. Sounds great and an easy and very pleasant listen. Good vibrations indeed!
I think I also need to order that new Calexico as well. I have a lot of their stuff. Such a distinctive style, and everyone who hears them at my house likes them. Some tracks off the Black Light album are great test tracks for equipment for me.
I haven't been able to locate the new Calexico locally on vinyl(my preferred medium), but hopefully will do so.

One of the best late arrivals in 2011 was Atlas Sound/Parallax. This is a Bradford Cox(Deerhunter) side project. It has the exotic shifting timbres of Deerhunter but better songcraft, a fascination with Fender single-coil sound like Tom Verlaine, and a stubborn individualism like Frank Black.
Ok...I looked around and can't find a new Calexico? Were you referring to the anthology box set?
There were only 550 copies of the Calexico 'Road Atlas' vinyl set released in the US and they sold out quickly. On Ebay for ungodly prices. I haven't opened mine yet...

I agree about the Atlas Sound 'Parallax' LP. Sort of a continuation of Deerhunter's equally excellent 'Halcyon Digest'. Very well recorded vinyl with huge soundstage.