Best Rock Album in 2011

This was my favorite thread from last year, so figured I would start it afresh.

I'll start:

Foo Fighters "Wasting Light"---best album by the Foos in years

TV on the Radio "Nine Types of Light"---bit more ambient than Dear Science, but the music is first rate
keithr
What do you guys think of TOOL 10,000 Days? Recorded by Joe Baressi, maybe one of the best LA Engineers at guitar tone. The first cut off the record is amazing rock guitar. Adam Jones is a very talented (and nice guy).
Trans....love that album but I am a big Tool/APC/Puscifer fan. I think many do not think it is a stellar effort from those guys but personally, Wings For Marie 1 + 2 are up there with my favorite Tool songs. You reference the recording which I find outstanding. In the 2 aforementioned songs, the imaging is creepy, especially the thunderclaps which come from all over and build to engulfing thunder from behind/sides. Really cool effects but even the core music is super well recorded. DC's drums have a physical snap that resonates better than most rock albums.

I like th new Puscifer, Conditions Of My Parole (great title too!). On the mellower side and could easily be APC record. Good stuff.
I have always enjoyed Tool and A Perfect Circle - I think Aenima is my personal favorite; I have the original LP and it sounds tremendous for a modern rock recording.

Latest items of interest:

Megafaun - S/T
Siskiyou - Keep Away The Dead

I keep coming back to:

Destroyer - Kaputt
Okervill River - I am Very Far
10,000 Days is a masterpiece, not only musically, but lyrically. If you follow the content through the Tool / APC catalog, 10,000 Days provides an amazing conclusion / resolution to a story that, for me, has been ongoing for 14 years. I wept upon first listen.

Unfortunately, that album was released in 2006.
2006! Wow, I was just at Grand Master seeing Joe's set up the other day wasn't I?
Brad