Best Rock Album in 2011

This was my favorite thread from last year, so figured I would start it afresh.

I'll start:

Foo Fighters "Wasting Light"---best album by the Foos in years

TV on the Radio "Nine Types of Light"---bit more ambient than Dear Science, but the music is first rate
keithr
Trans....love that album but I am a big Tool/APC/Puscifer fan. I think many do not think it is a stellar effort from those guys but personally, Wings For Marie 1 + 2 are up there with my favorite Tool songs. You reference the recording which I find outstanding. In the 2 aforementioned songs, the imaging is creepy, especially the thunderclaps which come from all over and build to engulfing thunder from behind/sides. Really cool effects but even the core music is super well recorded. DC's drums have a physical snap that resonates better than most rock albums.

I like th new Puscifer, Conditions Of My Parole (great title too!). On the mellower side and could easily be APC record. Good stuff.
I have always enjoyed Tool and A Perfect Circle - I think Aenima is my personal favorite; I have the original LP and it sounds tremendous for a modern rock recording.

Latest items of interest:

Megafaun - S/T
Siskiyou - Keep Away The Dead

I keep coming back to:

Destroyer - Kaputt
Okervill River - I am Very Far
10,000 Days is a masterpiece, not only musically, but lyrically. If you follow the content through the Tool / APC catalog, 10,000 Days provides an amazing conclusion / resolution to a story that, for me, has been ongoing for 14 years. I wept upon first listen.

Unfortunately, that album was released in 2006.
2006! Wow, I was just at Grand Master seeing Joe's set up the other day wasn't I?
Brad