Amy Winehouse.RIP

Passed away today in London.
Such a talent with sadly many demons.
RIP
128x128gawdbless

One thing is certain- this subject and the passions it inspires will quickly fade, and Winehouse will be resigned to distant memory.

That is how life works, it has always been that way, and it always will.
Yup, her music wont last cause it was just pop fad. We wont be talking about her in 20yrs for sure. Wait we might when and if a song of hers pops up and it will go something like this "isnt that the junkie chic that died?" cause thats about the sum of her. Cheers
True she had a derivitive, stylized voice but she could.carry a.tune...became a hardcore junkie which is en vogue in certain circles like london...she seemed like a trendy, posuer type you encounter in any big city
So true, so true and that makes her even more pathetic not to mention less sympathetic. Bravo cause thats brilliant!
I disagree. She will be remembered for her early death -and- for her talent. All music is derivative, she was recognized in the music industry as someone who brought back a sound reminiscent of the great acts of the 60s with her own twist. She said pop had become corporate cookie cutter acts, and as always it had. Her work was well respected in the music industry. She had a big impact. Mick Jagger invited her on stage. Mark Ronson did not choose to produce her last album because he thought she was an also ran flash in the pan.

People close to her all speak of her highly, we only saw the worst of her. Addiction is like drinking from a well and falling in. For the rich and famous, the mouth of the well is huge and the edge is slippery. No excuses, but she was just a human being exposed to temptations few could imagine. I don't remember hearing anyone speaking of Joplin, Hendrix or Morrison in such derogatory way (I'm not comparing their talent). I'm not surprised that many people have no sympathy for her, it,s human nature. But she did live in a world completely alien to what most of us know.
She might not have been a towering iconoclast, but dismissing her as just another no talent junky is just wrong.