40th Anniversary Aqualung is KILLER

The 40th anniversary collectors edition, which includes a 180 gram LP and the new remixed album a bunch of extra tracks and everything in 24/96 HiRes on DVD and Bluray., plus the Quad mixes and 5.1... sound quality is amazing even the Redbook is very very impressive and it's the best version of Aqualung I've ever heard even bettering the superb DCC version.. Kudo's to Ian Anderson and Steve Wilson for the remix.. next up is Thick as a Brick...
erikminer
After reading the postings here I had to see for myself. So, I went out and bought my own copy of the double CD (which includes the bonus tracks). I am amazed that an album I have heard hundreds of times could be transformed into something completely new. Well worth the $25 I spent! Don't think twice...you might miss it. Buy it, it's worth the money!!
Agreed, I've been listening to this since 1971 & it sounds
amazing to me. Some day I might spring for the Box set but I have a mint copy of the vinyl already so I'll wait for a better price, plus I'm not as big a fan (of Tull) as I used to be. I want to hear the Blu-Ray though.
I got the new Deluxe set. As great as the CD is the new vinyl just kills it. Everything is just so clear, the bass & the drums are at a perfect level. Ian's vocals also sound so clear. I have a pristine 1973 copy of the LP which has no bass, it still sounds ok but no comparison. The only part that sounded better is the Aqualung solo, it seemed a little harsh on the new LP, that part gets louder & it seems the level is a little too high. it might sound better on a better setup than mine though.

I paid $99.99 for it local at Newbury Comics which really isn't that bad considering what you get. I looked at a few places & old MFSL or DCC copies are $3-400 & I doubt they are better than this.

Blu-Ray vs Vinyl is up next