Music to Impress my Kid's Friends?

Lately, my college aged children have been bringing friends over to here my system and I would love to buy a few great sounding cds that are currently popular. I obviously have lots of quality music to play but it might have more impact on the kids if they were more familiar with the music. I bought the Adele cd thinking that might do the trick but was I wrong. I'd even invest in some current vinyl if I knew they would were outstanding from a recording standpoint. Thanks
grandpoobah
Tpreaves, I have no idea where that comment came from but I take offense to that notion. My kids friends have shown a genuine interest in analog and high quality sound. One of my daughters friend, John, had never seen a record player in action and he was just amazed and enthralled at the technology. They love hearing the clarity, resolution and deep and wide sound stage of a great recording.

The reason for this post was to find great recordings that they would more identify with so they can better appreciate what a quality sound system can do with well recorded music. My goal with this post was to eliminate the trial and error of buying quality recordings of current music.

Lastly, I would question your own morals if you read something "creepy" into this post. Seriously, wtf!

Thanks to everyone else for the normal, music oriented responses.
A sense of humor goes a long way if you're trying to connect with the young folks, lighten up.
IMO-If th "kids" havent heard a TT, they will like it. Go old school with them and play some Stones, Zep or Clash. You migh be surprised that they already know the words.
I'm not very interested in "impressing" anyone who listens to music at my place, so I don't get caught up in that kind of thing. I put the system together for personal enjoyment of recordings that I like. But I can say that if guests want to hear some music on the system, I ask them what kind of music they like best. I show them the many records I have and invite them to pick some out, if they want. If they would rather to play their own mp3's, CDs, or vinyl records, I invite them to do so.