Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
IMHO:

Ben Harper: didn't do much for me. Sort of amateurish.

The Jayhawks: Not my cup of tea.

The title track of Sparklehorse was good. But the second cut was too similiar. Sort of Samey.

BUT, all was not lost, because off to the side of the screen was a link to a clip of Ella Fitzgerald scatting 'One Note Samba'. Lord I love that woman!

Cheers
Rok, Glad you found the Ella. After your comments I remembered Ben Harper played with the Blind Boys of Alabama, which you would love. Heavy Gospel.

Frogman, Comments aimed at no one. When you put the ball on a tee for others, it can get hit by anyone pretty hard.

My main focus has been Jazz since I got bored with the music I grew up with, but I am always looking for the interesting music in any form. Favorite classical is probably Bartok. Very different, always interesting to me.
No band or group, ever sounds as 'LIVE', as those brass bands from nawlins.

Cheers
The Kravitz is good. Maceo Parker and Rebirth Brass Band are Great!

Note on my screen says their playing my area in July. If he has that band with him I'm there.