Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
My last post was only meant to be humorous. If you had seen the original Iggy video of No Fun, it would be easier to get, but I decided not to post, due to profanity.

Life is to short as it is, so listen to what moves you. Some will always gravitate to new music and some won't. Some will love music I don't get, and many,many,many do not get what I enjoy. It's all OK.

To each his own
When has it been any different? We're expressing opinions here. As far as Iggy goes, I'd say compared to lots of new stuff, it's fairly complicated.
Again, all the calls for open-mindedness and non-judgment are commendable; up to a point. Expressing a viewpoint, and more importantly, explaining that viewpoint in a way that is meaningful is not the same as being judgmental of someone else's tastes. It's simply an expression of MY tastes; and if someone is offended by that, I would say the problem is with that person's insecurity in his own tastes. Of course, as Acman3 say, it's all OK. But, if I say a certain music sucks (BTW, I think the Iggy Pop cut sucks, big time) I am saying that it sucks for me, not that the individual who says it also sucks. This notion that we should only speak about music if we happen to also like it, or if we happen to agree with someone's comments seems a little ridiculous, unproductive, and close-minded. What commentary, then, is allowed if one truly does think artist A sucks? Oh wait, I might offend someone if I say that! Seems ridiculous, no?