Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
Not kidding. Love diversity of artists. To hit rewind to Hendrix, Zep and the Beatles, your "so-called" artists, invokes a level of no progression in thinking. Your children's art on the frig opens you up to see the same qualities in Paul Klee. I hate this one size fits all.
But the size changes with perception. You would have made the same statement 50 years ago. You're beating it up just because it's history? My goodness, yesterday is history. There's serious progressive thinking going on in the older music. Far more progressive than current. It's the current stuff lamenting the lack of progression! And they are timeless precepts, facts of life and such. These new guys have nothing left to sing about. It's been sung. On top of the fact there's no new worthwhile melodies left. They're hopelessly crouched in the desert with no where to go and nothing to drink.
Rather than all the good melodies already having been used, could it be that all the intelligent statements about music certain people refuse to acknowledge, let alone comprehend, have already been posted?