Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
What did I forget?

All I am saying is that more recent artists will probably be most popular 1000 years from now just like they are today. Recent artists relative to ones youth or formative stages of life that is. Not to say the "classic" acts might still not be popular to some extent as well. Rock/pop is only one genre to consider. THere will be other newer ones that will seem to be much fresher in 100 years as well, I would predict. Time will tell what those will be as the generations pass.
Tostadosnidos, the sky is blue where I come from because I embrace great new music,art,movies etc...
I would think that for you skeptics, haters,and closed minded individuals the weather is real dark ,cloudy,with a chance to listen to the same old crap over and over again.
It's all good I guess, you guys keep recycling the same old music, I'll embrace the great musicians/artist of today.
I love music period! But if I had to listen to Zep, The Beatles, Who, over and over I would sell my rig and find a new hobby.
Sometimes I play this 'what if' scenario in my mind when hearing new music. What if I was hearing this new music back in the day? What if I didn't have my old 'reference' points for comparison? IMO as an older music-lover, it's possible to be jaded due to a variety of reasons. I've understood this about myself for a long time and always try to have an 'open-eared' approach when listening to new music.
"What if I didn't have my old 'reference' points for comparison?"

I agree that not holding new music you hear up to comparison with one's existing musical reference points is key to being able to gain an appreciation for new music. Newer artists usually are influenced by older artists, but each is unique. Art is often about creativity and exploration, not fitting some existing mold.

I recall the allmusic.com site lists influence relationships among artists, which can be helpful for finding new acts one might like based on current likes and dislikes.

Maybe part of the problem with learning to like new music is that it involves some work perhaps on the listener's part to break their "mold". That may not appeal to all. That's fine, but I just do not see any value in asserting most new music sucks and then arguing about it. It's obviously a personal opinion that is of little value to others, though one is entitled to express their opinion, whatever it may be.
Todd,
if you had read my previous posts on this thread you'd know that I embrace some current artists and the concept of new music in general.

I do think there was more good stuff proportionally in the 50's, 60's and 70's than since. There was also a lot of bad stuff in those decades.