What was you most expensive accidental damage?

I have read many claims by members that they accidently damaged their multi-thousand dollar cartridge styli by improper handling. I have blown out a few low power handling speakers with high powered amps. Several members claim that their cats have clawed the speaker cones to shreds. Have you experianced any 1) blown amplifier output transistors by accidently shorting the speaker wires. 2) Extra loud turn on thumps blowing out speakers 3)Putting the wrong tube in tube socket destroying the tube 4) leaving tube equipment so longthat the capacitors melt. 5)Electrical fires from AC shorts?
mint604
Quicke,man i hate morons like that,im always amazed at the lack of consideration people have in other's home's.

about 20 years ago i was out bar hopping & i parked my bike where the security guard could see it & even gave the slob a 20 spot to keep an eye on it for me while i was inside.

after i had my fill i came out to the parking lot & i couldnt find my scooter,i thought it got stolen until i looked closer,some drunken fool had ran over the little yellow curb between the 2 parking spots & ran right over my bike,not only did he run over the bike he was parked directly on top of it with most of the bike still under his suv,then he passed out with the motor still running.

i do believe that was the angriest moment in my entire life not to mention i had well over 10k (big $ back then)into that harley & i ended up eating every last cent of it too.

mike.
35.00 hard earned dollars to a scalper for a $6.50 ticket to see Led Zepplin back in 1973 at Olympia Stadium in Detroit, Michigan. The Accidental damage was to the finest audiophile instruments that (money can’t buy) I have ever owned... my ears. Oh, it was probably worth it given my brother and I went with two beautiful young girls and we saw a band and a show that rock n’ roll legends are made of. The ringing in my ears has long since gone away. Happy listening!
i havnt thought about olympia stadium in years! those were the days thats for sure.
BigJoe
Did you bring it to copurt?Idfhe was passed out well you should have had a cvase.Man sh*t like that reminds that revenge is a dish best served cold and though I have ben taken here and there for a few hundred or a thousand in the ultimate scheme of things it didn'seem, worth putiting a dent into my karma card(come to think of it a fe of thjose incidenmts are still dorecent they still fill my nostrils).But $20K (adjusted for inflation) I can't think of how many cars he would have had tore-car paint jobs or teeth re-set.Your quite a guy though and hopefully paid off karma wise in the long run.
chazzbo
I learned that you cant have 8ft acoustats panels hanging out the back of chevette hatchback flapping in the breeze....and expect them to play when you get home :-)