What was you most expensive accidental damage?

I have read many claims by members that they accidently damaged their multi-thousand dollar cartridge styli by improper handling. I have blown out a few low power handling speakers with high powered amps. Several members claim that their cats have clawed the speaker cones to shreds. Have you experianced any 1) blown amplifier output transistors by accidently shorting the speaker wires. 2) Extra loud turn on thumps blowing out speakers 3)Putting the wrong tube in tube socket destroying the tube 4) leaving tube equipment so longthat the capacitors melt. 5)Electrical fires from AC shorts?
mint604
i havnt thought about olympia stadium in years! those were the days thats for sure.
BigJoe
Did you bring it to copurt?Idfhe was passed out well you should have had a cvase.Man sh*t like that reminds that revenge is a dish best served cold and though I have ben taken here and there for a few hundred or a thousand in the ultimate scheme of things it didn'seem, worth putiting a dent into my karma card(come to think of it a fe of thjose incidenmts are still dorecent they still fill my nostrils).But $20K (adjusted for inflation) I can't think of how many cars he would have had tore-car paint jobs or teeth re-set.Your quite a guy though and hopefully paid off karma wise in the long run.
chazzbo
I learned that you cant have 8ft acoustats panels hanging out the back of chevette hatchback flapping in the breeze....and expect them to play when you get home :-)
chazzbo,i never took that fool to court infact i never even waited for the cops to come i just split & went on home,even though i wanted more than anything to rip that fool out of his car & do some very bad things to him i was better off just walking away.

at that time i wasnt allowed in or around bars & by me just being there it woulda cost me my freedom so i just ate it & told myself thats what i got for being somewhere i wasnt supposed to be in the first place,something i found out very early in life is that revenge can & will end up costing people their freedom,it did me.

what bummed me out more than loosing my scooter was that by me not calling the cops this druken fool was able to drive home so hammered that he passed out on top of my bike,i still wonder if he hurt anybody on his way home.

mike.