Best Canadian Made Whiskey

An easy one for me.....Canadian Club.

And you.....?
rjhalla
Well, if you want a single malt, you have a choice of only one, Glen Breton. (By the way, in Canada it's "whisky" without the "e"). I don't believe there are any other single malts made in Canada at the moment, although that may change. There is a big controversy right now with Diageo plc, the large multinational who own and distiribute many brands of spirits. Apparently they are pulling a lot of premium whiskies from stores in order to sell them in China, India and Russia, where they can earn more money. Canada is being rationed fewer bottles. This may encourage entrepreneurs to set up single malt distilleries.

Now on the other hand, if you don't have enough hair on your chest to drink real single malt whisky, there are many nice smooth blended brands, like Black Velvet.

Of course, to a single malt drinker, blended whisky is nothing more than industrial alcohol with food colouring added.
My Mother also drank CC and other blended like Kessler etc.Lots of women loved it,nice and mellow.I personally like Makers Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon made Sour Mash Style.Its the bottle with the top dipped in red wax.Hand made in small batches.Now we are talking!!

http://www.makersmark.com/Lpa.aspx