Which components are "stupid good"?

Which components, known to be outstanding in their category, have a performance to price differential such that they can truly be called "stupid good?"
pmboyd
I know this will be dismissed by most as bunk because most super budget wonderfinds are usually a load. To me, the Play Station 1, as hyped in some circles, does actually sound very good. I'm not saying it knocks off mega-buck sources, I certainly have nothing like that to compare it to. But for $15 off CL this thing goes way past "stupid good", on the price/perf ratio, it's insane good!
Another bit of blasphemy, I suggest anyone with high efficiency speakers should have a t-amp for back-up. My PS1 cdp, XLO VDO cables, Hlly Tamp-20 amp, "white lightning moonshine" speaker cables, and Klipsch Forte II speakers comprise an incredibly enjoyable budget system. Did I say budget? Total outlay so far: $430!
Ultimate system that does everything right? No. Ultimately cheap and very enjoyable? Yes! Plays loud and will hit the bottom note on "Cosmic Hippo"! Super has been super fun!
The Grant Fidelity Tube DAC-09 is unbeatable value, at about $200. Very Enjoyable.

Oppo DVD players are also great value as transports that will satisfy many if given a chance.
It doesn't qualify as "stupid good" unless 1. it's an outstanding performer, and 2. its cost/benefit ration is in double-take territory: What!!? Unbelievable! Special emphasis on really inexpensive gear...