How Long Ago Since You Cried Listening To Music?

For me is was last weekend, The group "Sugarland" singing "Stay".
paul_graham
I read a study of college football players that says that (paraphrase) 'players that cry do better on and off the field'. The one caveat was that tearing up was good- open sobbing not so good. I think the theory being that accessing your emotions is a positive thing. It's good to be passionate about life.
Thought this was interesting.
Blkadr,

I know that to be true. I played football (soccer over here) for 30 years and I know that when I was on the field with some unexpressed emotion held in my body, my skills were compromised, nothing flowed right. I also recall that when I got on the field after clearing what was previously stuffed down, sometimes by crying a bit (gasp!), my game was fluid, faster, less effort and I scored many more goals.

Men who have the courage to let themselves cry usually experience life at a higher level because they haven't armored themselves against their own feelings, as well as others'. Similarly, being truly affected by music requires dropping one's guard and trusting that actually feeling something won't hurt you. Shutting down your emotions, whether in a relationship or listening to music, is the real cowardice.

And if that wasn't enough, women seem to seek masculine men who allow themselves to feel. What more would a man need to know?
Every time I hear Mary Chapin Carpenter sing "John Doe no. 24 (as I just did on Pandora radio), I tear up. Then I read some of the other responses and I began to laugh out loud. It's all so crazy.
I cried listening to music this evening.

There was Kenny G playing on radio and my ears started bleeding !
Great thread that had lots of potential for people to comment on equipement or music that brought out strong emotions within them! Unfortunately it didn't go that way, although some commical responses are here!

For me, last week in Vegas at a Celine Dion concert! Balled like a baby! Other than that it has been rare since selling my Joule Electra LA300ME. I steamed up regularly while listening to music through this preamp!