headphones-amp combination

I have been curious and following several headphones and amps on the net just to adquire some knowledge about them.
Now I decided I want to get a portable amp and a paor of headphones that match the same level of musicality of high end separated or tubes.
I am a novice in this field.
Thanks
Budget 1500.
128x128junglern
I've owned Stax- latest versions, and liked them a lot. I found the Audeze to
be very " electrostatic sounding " in some areas, but with a low
end definition and tonal clarity I've heard nowhere else. So, for the record, I
don't hate Stax. I just liked Audeze better for the immediacy and organic
sound signature. By all means, try them all!
I have heard a great many headphones. One of the classic ones are the Sony 5706 pro monitors ($90) and some of the mid-tier Grados (200 to 300). Very musical versus very detailed.

Audeze have great bass but I find them fatiquing over time. Ultra precision sounding.

I also like the better Shure headphones for bass and I especially love the new Fostex dynamic ones (a steal at $80)for overall punchy sound.

Headfonia.com is an excellent source to stay abreast.

Fostex, Ray Samuel and ALO headphone amps are the absolute best. Hook in a iPhone or iPod and you will impressed. I love the ALO tubed one.
The other models you should look at are the Shure 940s, Grado 500 and Fostex 7B. I use the 7506 for pure mid-range smoothness (kind of like BBC monitors) which pairs well to Jazz and rock and the Fostex 7B for blues, R & B, hip hop and electronic music. The best $200 you will spend.

I have the ALO Continental amp and, at home, a Luxman 38 tube amp.
FWIW, if you're also considering home use set-ups, the tube headphone amp I chose for my AKG K702s is the crazy good Raptor by Ray Samuels Audio. Most important to me was to satisfy these two questions, which would apply to any purchase, portable or home, tube or SS:

1. How real and alive does the music sound with this combo?
2. How long can I listen without fatigue?

IMO, the answers are: Unbelievably, and Longer than I can stay awake! I've had these ear-speakers on for 4-5 hours without any fatigue, loving every minute.

Both units are worth the break-in time.