headphones-amp combination

I have been curious and following several headphones and amps on the net just to adquire some knowledge about them.
Now I decided I want to get a portable amp and a paor of headphones that match the same level of musicality of high end separated or tubes.
I am a novice in this field.
Thanks
Budget 1500.
128x128junglern
I recommend ignoring the dismissive comment above about Stax headphones. Electrostatic headphones, like electrostatic speakers (and tubes, for that matter) are not for everyone. However, if they are for you, there is nothing else. Listen, then decide. Opinions are like...well, you know. And, having someone agree with it, doesn't make it any truer.
I'd certainly agree with everything in Tonkay's recent post. By all means, listen and decide for yourself. I only offered my input in the form of an opinion and it was not even remotely disguised as anything else. I didn't see Danlib agreeing with my opinion - he only agreed on my advice which did not include patently rejecting Stax simply because I personally haven't liked the older examples that I have heard (no idea whether the one Tonkay owns is among those to be clear, but I have heard quite a few). My main complaint about older Stax is that the seem to err on the side of hyper-detail and airiness at the great expense of tonal weight and density. Far less so with the 007 and not at all the case with 009's which seem tonally very accurate. Just my opinion, in case that isn't painfully obvious. There are plenty of people who would certainly see things differently, as with just about anything. I would think most would take that for granted here.
I've owned Stax- latest versions, and liked them a lot. I found the Audeze to
be very " electrostatic sounding " in some areas, but with a low
end definition and tonal clarity I've heard nowhere else. So, for the record, I
don't hate Stax. I just liked Audeze better for the immediacy and organic
sound signature. By all means, try them all!
I have heard a great many headphones. One of the classic ones are the Sony 5706 pro monitors ($90) and some of the mid-tier Grados (200 to 300). Very musical versus very detailed.

Audeze have great bass but I find them fatiquing over time. Ultra precision sounding.

I also like the better Shure headphones for bass and I especially love the new Fostex dynamic ones (a steal at $80)for overall punchy sound.

Headfonia.com is an excellent source to stay abreast.

Fostex, Ray Samuel and ALO headphone amps are the absolute best. Hook in a iPhone or iPod and you will impressed. I love the ALO tubed one.