Paging Mr. Albert Porter

Hi Albert, Its been about a year since you got your Dali Mega-Liners. You were nice enough to share your opinions regarding their sound in your system here on the Gon and Positive Feedback Online at the beginning of your audtion process.( An unbelievable long break in, your desire to change certain parts, and waiting to have the external crossovers replaced with custom tube ones, if I remember correctly) Well, what has happened? What's the verdict? Are you a happy audiophile with Dali's now? It would be greatly appreciated if you would share the, "current state of the art" regarding your speakers. I'll thank you in advance.
teajay
Albert, I just got through reading, in my opinion, a very well written and comprehensive review of your Dali Megaliners by Paul Messenger in the current issue of hi>fi+. What I think you will find the most interesting and salient aspect of the review will be his comments on the inadequacy/inferior aspects of the Dali crossover, which he believes dramaticly gets in the way of the speakers ultimate ability/performance. I believe thats the same conclusion you came to regarding your Megaliners, hence, your custom made crossovers to get your babies to really sing with their true voice. Just, thought you might want to take a look, so I'm passing this on to you.
If you had my Genesis 201's would you rip them apart looking for nervona?? Possibly the best speakers I have owned over the years. I have not heard much that can compare to them when auditioning equiptment.
Thanks Teajay, I need to have a look at that review. It's funny they arrived at the same conclusion I did a year ago. The crossover I had designed and built literally transformed the speaker.

My audio group met last night, and as always we were commenting on the systems progress. General consensus is I've surpassed my previous Sound-Lab U-1's in the impossible area of "middle" midrange where these big electrostatics take on all comers.

The rest of the tonal range of this speaker is superb, I have bass that literally shudders the room when the musical content calls for it.

I just installed the (not yet released) Purist Audio 20th Anniversary cables and that plus the Telefunken 12AT7 input tubes and 6350 drivers are putting this system into scary territory.

I wish this discussion was on my thread:

Albert Porter System

It's confusing to switch back and forth on progress of the system on two threads.
i have had experience with both avalons and maggies(since their inception).....racerxnt is right, the genesis 201 is far and away a reference product. far more than attractive furniture.
Hello :)

I might be purchasing a Dali Megalines set soon. May I ask if you make your custom crossovers for sale? If so, how much would it cost? Can I try it risk free?

If not, would you be so kind as to share the design so I can make one for myself (a scary proposition indeed).

Thank you,
Stu