USB vs dock for iPod on Peachtree units?

I am looking at the Peachtree Audio Decco 2 vs iDecco. The main difference I see in the specs is the iDecco has an iPod dock and also USB connection capability for an iPod, whereas the Decco 2 has only the USB capability for iPods.

What is the difference between these connections in terms of passing the iPod output through the DAC/Preamp stages and the resulting sound quality?
jimthewebguy
If you can swap tubes, try it! Two types were included with my Njoe Tjoeb (it was used), and after trying both I searched the forums for people's opinions and found one that was really perfect for me. It doesn't cost a lot, takes seconds to swap, and the resulting sound differences are very interesting.

I'm now discussing iDecco prices with dealers here vs getting one shipped over from USA. Hope to have one here soon.

By the way, I'll be using the iDecco mainly in my computer room, which is like a small office where I'm stuck for too many hours/day. For bookshelves right now I've got Quad 12Ls, Rogers 3/5as, B&W 805Ns, and Yamaha MPS7 monitors around the house. I was thinking of using the Quads at my desk for a while and then later changing to either Adam a7s or Quad 12L actives (the latter not available in Japan).

Any idea how the iDecco preamp would sound with actives like these?

Anybody else care to join in here?
I have not heard the quads, but I hear that they are very revealing. In all honesty, I expect that the iDecco preamp (tube on) will really shine with either set of quads. You will not believe how well this preamp images & how beautifully smooth it sounds. My guess is that it will do something akin to what it does with my speakers...
I just found out that the Japanese model is modified for the Japanese voltage, 100V instead of 115/230. That is among the reasons for the price difference, besides many other market factors.

A retailer here claimed that there is a difference in the sound quality, a higher noise floor, when using the 115V version with 100V, as well as lower power output.

Now I need to consider the importance of that factor.

Could someone with an iDecco please check the specs for me, and see what the actual input ranges are? i.e. 115 +- 7 volts, etc?
LOL, no I don't want to go into that quagmire. I love my system despite it's limitations, and I know better than to start spouting about it's virtues... I hope I was of some help with your questions. Cheers.