USB vs dock for iPod on Peachtree units?

I am looking at the Peachtree Audio Decco 2 vs iDecco. The main difference I see in the specs is the iDecco has an iPod dock and also USB connection capability for an iPod, whereas the Decco 2 has only the USB capability for iPods.

What is the difference between these connections in terms of passing the iPod output through the DAC/Preamp stages and the resulting sound quality?
jimthewebguy
I have not heard the quads, but I hear that they are very revealing. In all honesty, I expect that the iDecco preamp (tube on) will really shine with either set of quads. You will not believe how well this preamp images & how beautifully smooth it sounds. My guess is that it will do something akin to what it does with my speakers...
I just found out that the Japanese model is modified for the Japanese voltage, 100V instead of 115/230. That is among the reasons for the price difference, besides many other market factors.

A retailer here claimed that there is a difference in the sound quality, a higher noise floor, when using the 115V version with 100V, as well as lower power output.

Now I need to consider the importance of that factor.

Could someone with an iDecco please check the specs for me, and see what the actual input ranges are? i.e. 115 +- 7 volts, etc?
LOL, no I don't want to go into that quagmire. I love my system despite it's limitations, and I know better than to start spouting about it's virtues... I hope I was of some help with your questions. Cheers.