Power Cord for Power Conditioner

I'm trying to figure out if it is absolutely necessary to use a company's power cord with their power conditioners. No brand in particular.Any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance,
128x128commonone69
"As far as preaching what others can hear or not goes it's not my job to prove you can't hear the difference it's your job to prove you can."
Rwwear: You are repeating yourself and I already addressed this EARLIER IN THIS THREAD. I can hear the differences repeatedly as well as many others who took the time to try it (some were very skeptical at first).
This is repeatable... Marakanetz: We could wage 10:1 and you would lose. National TV? No one should be "astounded" about this...thousands of people CAN and DO do this every time they sit down to listen to their systems. The fact that so many can tell is not the mystery here...the fact that so many feel so compelled to insist on DISproving it is the real absurdity.
Listen to what you want to...be happy with stock cords if you can't tell the difference.
But please stop telling everyone else what we must believe..
You could start a new religion Lissnr. But I suppose someone has already beaten you to it.
"So if I used lamp cord to power a pair of Levinson mono blocks I'll be ok?"

That is a really neat question when you think about it from the manufacturer/designers perspective.

"I'm going to market a state of the art device for a given market (audio,medical,research, etc.,etc.). I know that the incoming power characteristics will be somewhat different at every customers site. Some sites will have issues with nominal voltage, some with higher than normal high frequency hash, some will have better or worse power factors, some will experience voltage swings, some with high levels of emi, most if not all will have a combination of issues to a greater or lesser degree.
Since I can't control customers site conditions, and since my business relies on quality and in some instances upon performance verification, should I install a robust filter network to make sure that my system is highly immune to varying site conditions?"
I just put together my Furutech power cord for my Hydra two power conditioner.

So far so good,nothing earth shatteringly different from my other DIY power cord,but quite the difference cost wise in parts.I went with the rhodium 20 amp IEC and 20 amp rhodium recptacle and two meters of their power cable.

It's about a $500.00 investment in parts, but a quarter the cost of another Annaconda.

The Furutech DIY power cord is plugged into a FIM receptacle that is wired directly to the panel with about 4 feet of 10 guage solid core Romex.

For now all I can report is that it is no worse than what I had, I'll give it a few days to settle in and perhaps there will be less demand on the power if this heat wave snaps.

I'm not making excuses, but when the voltage drops nothing sounds good.
Looks like we're back to the age old dilemma that audio has been struggling with since the 50s.

Human perception vs scientific measurement. Everyone is familiar with the distortion measurements vs audibility arguments made for amplifiers. All amps don't sound the same to all people, even with identical distortion measurements. Probably because we still cannot measure everything the human ear can discern.

Engineers (of which I am one) are trained to focus on the "main effects" that have the highest probability of being dominant. Most EEs will not consider the impact of transient line noise at megahertz frequencies and millivolt levels on a power supply, and that even some of the best filters may not remove every trace, to the exclusion of a human listening to the amp connected to that line source. Or that the transient demand of a large power amp for current through its tranformer/power cord might create transient effects in the power system that effects the amp circuitry, and that these effects may be percieved by a listener. Or that these effects may be influenced and determined by the line cord's impedance just as it is with cables connected to the speakers.
True, the purpose of most power supply designs is to minimize the impact of these variables on the amps themselves, but that does not mean that every amp design is successful in doing it to the level that such remnants are inaudible by trained listeners.

However, as is widely known, determination of FACT based soley on human perception is fraught with false thinking as well. Just ask a police officer who has dealt with multiple witnesses who provide radically different perceptions of the same event. Add to this the complications of motive based perception, someone having spent $1000 on a power cord is not likely to freely admit it sounds no better than the $6 EIC cord than came with the amp.
This dilema continues and will not be resolved any time soon. I like to take heart in the musings of folks like Pass and Curl, who base designs on solid engineering principles and accepted sonic vs hardware relationships, but still are open minded with regards to the impact of these things on the human perception of listening. We are always discovering new relationships between the physical designs and hardware, and how these relate to human perception.