Using protective discs under brass footers

I'll soon be taking delivery of a new rack and half of me wants to protect the beautiful maple shelves by using brass discs under the brass footers and half of me wants to put the footers directly onto the maple shelves even though they'll indent the wood. Anyone done an A/B to see if there's an audible difference?
rockyboy
Markpao -
Bought a Steve Blinn 3 shelf rack with matching amp stand; all with 2" maple shelves, except for 3" top shelf for my VPI Classic. Hope to see it in a week or two. I'll be collecting pop cans along the highway for the next 5 years in order to pay for it.
Would appreciate your thoughts on a question I just posted to another thread re: my Audible Illusions pre. Is it better to actually replace component feet with threaded brass footers (in which case I have to go buy a 4th footer). Is simply resting a component on 3 unthreaded cones a less desirable solution?
Rockyboy-

I got mine from Steve as well. You will love his rack and Steve is a pleasure to work with. Drop me a note if you need any help with assembly or have any questions.

Cheers, Mark
Mark,

Steve's rack is assembled and in place. Awesome rack. Highly recommended. Bought 3" top shelf for TT and rest are 2". Can't wait to get my amp back from repair and on stand that I also purchased. Until then, all I can do is look at the system!