Good CD player vs. Transport and DAC

Where am I going to get the best Digital playback? Going with a high end CD player or a transport and DAC? Also, what's the difference between a transport and a cd player if you are using an external dac with either one? I am thinking of an Oppo bdp 95 to use for cd play back since it seems to have a really nice dac (SABRE32 Reference ES9018 from ESS Technology). I am currently using a denon dvd 2900 and a musical fidelity v-dacII with pangea p100 power supply. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
128x128b_limo
Transports wear out. DACs do not.
So I would buy a 'decent CD player. Then.. after time and whatever, a better DAC.
Once you have that 'for life' DAC. CD players/changers, whatever come and go. They break, So what.
You still have your DAC.
I have four CD players on my DAC, and two spare ones...
I have no plans on upgrading the DAC anytime soon.
Though if I won the lotto...
Yeah, like I stated above, I am currently using a denon dvd 2900 connected to a musical fidelity v-dacII with an upgraded pangea p-100 power supply. I would like to get a better sounding digital set-up and am thinking about an oppo with a 32 bit sabre dac but am open to suggestions. Thanks again guys, and gals!