Placement of electronics

I've always placed equipment on side wall about mid way along room length. (Atma MP-1, MA-1, Modified Lenco TT, Wyred 4 sound Dac 2, Maggie 1.7, strategic placement of reflectors, bass tubes, cables are top Analysis Plus and Nordost.). The sound, sound staging etc is what I've always wanted. However, I want to upgrade the interconnects between the pre- and the amps, which are 1 foot behind the speakers. Now, the length of these cables is 20 feet. The interconnects I want to use are far too expensive to run 20 feet.

Finally, the question: If I put all the equipment between the speakers, including the TT, won't I pick up more vibration issues?
128x128thotdoc
I was shocked by the improvement of moving my rack from the middle of my speakers to the back if the room. It was like a whole different sounding system. It's a hard on to A/B that's for sure. I like it better aesthetically so that is the main thing for me but the sound definitely took on a much more tangible dimensionality after the move to a shocking degree. I think it changed other things too so much that it feels like starting over and also who knows what changing from a 1m run to a 7m run from pre to amp does to the sound. There is so much to the acoustic vibrations and damping of it with gear that its enough to make my head spin. Just don't underestimate it that's for sure.
Depends on a couple of things. No issue between the speakers if several feet behind (4 feet or more) behind the speakers and low to the floor. My gear is is only two feet off the floor and a therefore a non-issue.

Now, if your gear is on the same plane as your speakers and stand/gear 3-6 feet high, your sound will suffer.
Hmm...interesting thread. I guess I will never know what I am missing, maybe that's a good thing. My gear has ALWAYS been between my speakers, due to family and room obligations, moving equipment around is not an option. I'll just continue to suffer in this misery....lol.
I have had my gear between, to the near side, far side.
The best is far side. Between was OK, but never great.
I too baulk at the cost of a good quality interconnect for the gap. I use Kimber Hero 7 meters $800. lot of money for one cable. It is worth it though.
I chose the Kimber Hero because it is well reguarded. I never want to fool around with guessing which cable..
So I bought the Kimber. I am satisfied.
I agree with grannyring.My components are on a low and open frame rack about 4 feet behind the speakers.The speaker as the source of sound completely disappears with most recordings.
Regards,