What format are most people using, and why?

Are most people just using WAV or another lossless format like FLAC?

I have personally used FLAC because of its ability to store metadata like cd and track name info, file sizes being ~25% smaller than WAV, ability to be streamed, and obviously the lossless aspect.

I am thinking about re-encoding my collection and was wondering what other people are using.

Thanks.
stealth403
dawnrazor-age, Wow! Your setup is amazing.

Your experience on the internal soundcard is very encouraging.

The other option I have been contemplating is using a DAC with a USB input and volume control (PC ->DAC ->Amp), which eliminates the need for a USB/SPDIF converter and a pre-amp. But for now I will go with the Lynx setup.
P,

The Lynx is a great card and a great choice.

I think you'll be extremely happy with it, I know I am.

I use an airpanel for control, and it is just awesome not to have to hunt for cds, AND get better sound.

Enjoy
I am archiving all my analog now using DSD files. They are much better than regular 16/44.1 and still just a little better than 24/192. Unfortunately you need $$$ for this kind of set-up, but the payoff is euphoric!

Regards,
Bruce
I use WMA Lossless. The reason is because I can batch-burn 200 CDs at a time and it automatically pulls in the album information including the album art.
I have all my files in Apple Lossless and think they sound great. If someday I wanted to convert all my files into some other Lossless scheme (not supported by MAC), like FLAC, is there software that allows you to do this properly?