What format are most people using, and why?

Are most people just using WAV or another lossless format like FLAC?

I have personally used FLAC because of its ability to store metadata like cd and track name info, file sizes being ~25% smaller than WAV, ability to be streamed, and obviously the lossless aspect.

I am thinking about re-encoding my collection and was wondering what other people are using.

Thanks.
stealth403
P,

The Lynx is a great card and a great choice.

I think you'll be extremely happy with it, I know I am.

I use an airpanel for control, and it is just awesome not to have to hunt for cds, AND get better sound.

Enjoy
I am archiving all my analog now using DSD files. They are much better than regular 16/44.1 and still just a little better than 24/192. Unfortunately you need $$$ for this kind of set-up, but the payoff is euphoric!

Regards,
Bruce
I use WMA Lossless. The reason is because I can batch-burn 200 CDs at a time and it automatically pulls in the album information including the album art.
I have all my files in Apple Lossless and think they sound great. If someday I wanted to convert all my files into some other Lossless scheme (not supported by MAC), like FLAC, is there software that allows you to do this properly?
Supposedly dbpoweramp can do this through a plugin - I would search the software support forums. I believe this software allows batch conversion and tag preservations as well.

There is also a component for Foobar2000, however its stability is questionable.