Siemens Halske versus Siemens Rohre

I am new to tubes and have heard that Siemens Halske tubes are much better than Siemens Rohre. I am wondering if this is true for 6DJ8 tubes. Often times on Ebay I see tubes advertised as Siemens Halske but the box in the picture will say Rohre on it. Should I completely eliminate any Rohre tubes from consideration? Thanks in advance for your input
Joe
128x128gammajo
I agree, Joe. You need to be careful and selective. You need to have assurance that you are getting a geniune Siemens CCa tube when they are commanding such high prices.
Added to that is when I call some reputable dealers they say they have not seen a genuine early cca tube in years and that most everything out there is a fake.
Gammajo (System | Threads | Answers)
That must be Andy Bowman, yes? Gotta love him. He told me the same thing four years ago. Since then, I have purchased several pairs of CCa tubes from various sources...none of them tube dealers. Every tube has been genuine.

Siemens started to box their tubes in Rohre boxes in the mid 70s. The quality started to decline somewhat around that time, especially regarding microphonics. That's why Siemens & Halske boxed tubes are preferable. Better and more consistent quality.