Pet audiophile peeves - name yours

1. Power supplies that are not the same size or finish as the preamp. Who decided this was a good idea?

2. Ridiculous and obvious snake oil salesman
kublakhan
bill would be insulted to be considered 'just a peeve'. audiofeil knows alot about popular music, and can separate the real from the unreal in this hobby. i always look forward to his thrashing someone, even if its me.
Deadbeats who say they're going to buy something, then don't.

Or, in the case of one recent lowlife from A'Gon, say they'll sell something to you at an agreed-upon price, then renege and try to squeeze you for a higher price. (This particular jerk also happens to be a high-end cable manufacturer, go figure.)
Haha some very nice replies that already covered mine - go Newbie, Chadnliz, and Pawlowski6132!
Uneven carpet thickness when I am trying to level my speakers.

Finding good speaker designs is unnecessarily challenging, I think. Not many electrostatic options or viable horn options and very few dynamic speakers that are sealed or have active crossovers.

I am frustrated by Bose's marketing acting as a blanket of fog between non-audiophiles and hifi. And every time I have some audio conversation with a non-audiophile, Bose usually gets thrown in and I am compelled to tactfully express my dislike for the company and its products.

I really dislike audiophiles and dealers and audiophiles who dealers/manufacturers on the side, etc., etc. who have a sense of nobility as if audio takes a special aptitude or skill. The 'philes who think their character is above those who are not audiophiles are additionally comically baffling, and very common.

What I do like right now is discovering esoteric products from small companies and my new enterprise in to headphones.