Pet audiophile peeves - name yours

1. Power supplies that are not the same size or finish as the preamp. Who decided this was a good idea?

2. Ridiculous and obvious snake oil salesman
kublakhan
Vinyl sellers knowingly or otherwise representing products as "first issues" or "original releases" when they are not.

A good example is Surrealistic Pillow by Jefferson Airplane currently offered for sale ($45 WOW) on Audiogon. Seller is representing as original stereo issue when in fact the first 4 Jefferson Airplance albums were issued on the black label (in mono and stereo). Not until "Bless It's Pointed Little Head" in 1969 was the orange label employed.

I see dozens of misrepresentations every day scanning the LP For Sale section and the sellers are asking outrageous prices.

Don't take it for granted any of these sellers, including the guys with the huge "personal collections", know what they are talking about.

Caveat emptor my friends.
PS
The sleeve shown is not original first issue either.

Private email me if you want to see pictures of the original record and/or sleeve.

No charge.

:-)
People with nice gear that I'd love to own, but when you look at their system it's in the living room with no room treatments, one speaker behind the couch and the other one halfway in the fireplace with a huge TV in the middle. Then they post about some minor change they made, like they changed their cable lifters from ceramic to hi-temp ceramic and the result was "jaw dropping - You gotta try this!"
Audiofeil nice observation.. Audiogon is NOT the place to buy LP's (I have bought maybe 3-4 LPs here) for your reasons listed and high prices. I buy VERY CAREFULLY on ebay. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose (like more surface noise than rated) But I win more than lose.
Sellers who post an ad, you ask a question, they reply and you say no thanks for whatever reason.....but they think just by responding to the ad was an agreement to purchase.