Cables for Audio Research

I am purchasing an Ayre V6xe and an Audio Research Ref2 Mk2. I currently am using Kimber Kable select interconnects. Has anyone used the combination of Kimber Select with the Audio Research preamps?
elrcpa
congratulations. That is some excellent gear. FWIW I have been using Kimber HERO XLR from the LS15 to the VT100 and to my tired ears it sounds marvelous.
I think the KS may be a notch above that so rest easy!
D
I used Kimber Select between a GNSC modded LS15 and a VT100 mk III. I thought it was a bit bright. I ended up trying, and liking, Cardas Cross very much. I prefer it to Cardas Golden Cross, in fact...it's a bit more laid back. So I outfitted my whole system with Cardas Cross.

That having been said, I later read that Kimber Select has a long break-in period. I only used it for about 20 hours new out of the box, so I didn't get the benefit of it being broken in. I'm glad I kept the cable, and intend to give it another try. Obviously, a lot of people like it, and, once broken in, brightness is apparently not an issue. But I'd be interested to hear comments about that.
I used the KS 1030 Single Ended and KS 1130 Balanced with my ARC Ref 1. Doing a lot of tests, I finally switched my single ended to Siltech Gold, and my balanced to MIT Oracle. ARC and MIT are an excellent combination. Their new interconnects that let you match the impedance are the best choice "to my taste". Regards.