Dimly lit room: Plasma, LCD, or DLP

Is plasma suited better for dark enviroments?
128x128phasecorrect
If that was directed at me your off base, I own a LCD monitor, a LCD Projector, CRT HD and while my dad owns the Plasma I researched it bought it, hooked it up and maybe your not close with your parents but that doesnt I am not with mine and dont have many MANY hours of experience viewing his unit...calling me out on this was a low blow and you can mock me all you want but I wouldnt offer opinion if I didnt have experience, you worry about you and I will worry about me.
Ok back to important stuff and Phase sorry your thread has been hi-jacked.
There is no channel I know of at this time that leaves a logo on during commercials so every 10 minutes or so that logo is gone for several minutes, you can play games on Plasma and watch whatever you wish without worry if you do it like an adult who doesnt walk away from a game for hours. If you have a cheap or old model Plasma this may have been an issue for you but it isnt the case anymore and you need to quit passing bad information, false claims help nobody. LCD has more issues with motion blur than any other technology and that is simple fact.
I would suggest the O.P. google all these topics and research should quickly confirm that black levels are not up to par on LCD, there is no need to worry about image burn in or retention with todays models with normal average daily use and LCD suffers more from image blur during motion than any other technology, also that Plasma reflection from the gloss panel can be an issue........these are all facts not opinion.......fact.
Gmood would lead somebody to think Plasma is a really bad option, if it was that bad then why do so many love it and why is it even still for sale?.......wouldnt the bad press and opinion from the masses have killed it off long ago???? It has happened time and time again with other products so what is it about Plasma that is immune to common sense and bad publicity? The short answer is it isnt immune to bad press, it is a great product the market loves and thats why many advise its best option, LCD is getting better but getting better and actually being better are two very differnt things. cheers
Why in the world would I want to lead someone to believe a plasma is bad? I own and use them both. I never said I didn't like my plasma. I like using them both! I will not argue anymore about this. I know what using a plasma as a monitor will do..it ain't good. Why don't stadiums, offices, computer manufactures or billboards use plasma technology if burn in or brightness isn't an issue?

Regardless of who made it. My plasma is still considered current..not old by a long shot! If you only plan to use it for basic TV or Movies you'll be fine. If you plan to do other tasks in the future an LCD or LED are the better options.

At the current rate, TV broadcast,voice and the internet are going interactive. This means your TV will become a hub for everything. Internet,voice and television broadcast over IP ..is the future.

The newest DVRs are more like a PC than a basic cable box.
You totally miss the point Chad..time to step into the 21st century!
I would suggest the O.P. google all these topics and research should quickly confirm that black levels are not up to par on LCD

The December issue of Home Theater Magazine reviews the new 950 series Samsung LCD and they describe the black levels as being on par with the latest Kuro plasma sets. It would seem that plasmas long standing "black level" advantage may be short-lived.
Yes at the super premium extremes they are closing the gap, I just dont think they have in general. An LCD in a dim room is where the inferior blacks are going to be most noticed as everything looks grey but some wont notice or even be bothered by this. My career in hi quality sheetfed commercial printing has admittedly made me pretty picky about color....more so than most.
Maybe we all should wait and see what will be the outcome/upcoming trend after the Consumers Electronic Show in Las Vegas next week!!! The reason I went Plasma, was the viewing angle since my living room is narrow and sometime watch the tv from my kitchen... I couldn't do that with a LCD, I tried and it was disorted......