DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
calvinj,

Your view is right, but do not forget that the title of your original post ends with a question mark. It opened the door for people to answer with their views. Do not get mad at them for accepting your invitation. You have your view, now you have theirs, too.
Q: Do cables really matter?

A: Yes.

Q: Are they worth the cost:

A: Rarely.

I’ve had enough experience with cables to note some differences between brands and construction. Can I justify more than $100 for any pair? No. I can’t.

Honestly if you obsess over thousands of dollars of cables you need to go build your own speaker pair. You’ll learn a lot, and have a much better way to tweak the performance of the finished sound than cable auditioning.

If you want really IC good cables at an affordable price, you can’t do better than buidling using solid silver interconnect wire from Parts Connexion. Use Cardas solder, and high end connectors and you’ll be ahead of the game by several thousand dollars.

https://www.partsconnexion.com/CONNEX-66070.html

Given that most solid silver IC's run $300 a pair at least, you can make them for a steal. 

Best,

E
@glupson. True you are right.  It was a question. I guess if you have bad hearing the answer is no. Lol. I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I love my cables in my system in the end that’s all that matters. 
@ glupson

Hmmmm, now when you asked....

That tractate above was a response to a few posts that dealt with "skilled listener" theory/practice. It somehow evolved. I apologize.

A tractate ? You needlessly flatter yourself and are in danger of destroying your shoulder. Showed your "tractate " to my partner, who incidentally did her graduate work in respirology, and she laughed, and said " that is just  gobbledygook piled high and wide" ( and funny but I looked up gobbledygook and the description is quite apt, like it fits good eh, real good ), so hardly a tracture it seems. She also suggested I ask you for a plain english explanation of your point which is apparently well hidden in a high and wide pile of gobbledygook. Then she laughed out loud and left to tend her garden.