DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
@glupson. True you are right.  It was a question. I guess if you have bad hearing the answer is no. Lol. I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I love my cables in my system in the end that’s all that matters. 
@ glupson

Hmmmm, now when you asked....

That tractate above was a response to a few posts that dealt with "skilled listener" theory/practice. It somehow evolved. I apologize.

A tractate ? You needlessly flatter yourself and are in danger of destroying your shoulder. Showed your "tractate " to my partner, who incidentally did her graduate work in respirology, and she laughed, and said " that is just  gobbledygook piled high and wide" ( and funny but I looked up gobbledygook and the description is quite apt, like it fits good eh, real good ), so hardly a tracture it seems. She also suggested I ask you for a plain english explanation of your point which is apparently well hidden in a high and wide pile of gobbledygook. Then she laughed out loud and left to tend her garden.
Post removed 
@glupson

So back to this statement you made earlier....

You are born listening .

Which got me thinking, as I remembered a saying that I believe is quite germane to the discussion. The saying goes something like this " you hear with your ears, and you listen with your brain."

So off I went and wandered the interwebs looking for something along the lines of that line and found the following.

https://keydifferences.com/difference-between-hearing-and-listening.html

Now it is not a tractate or anything but it does a nice job explaining the differences between listening and hearing and worth a quick look see.

Someone rightly said, “Hearing is through ears, but listening is through the mind.” The two activities hearing and listening involve the use of ears, but they are different

Definition of Hearing

The natural ability or an inborn trait that allows us to recognize sound through ears by catching vibrations is called the hearing. In simple terms, it is one of the five senses; that makes us aware of the sound. It is an involuntary process, whereby a person receives sound vibrations, continuously.

Definition of Listening

Listening is defined as the learned skill, in which we can receive sounds through ears, and transform them into meaningful messages. To put simply, it is the process of diligently hearing and interpreting the meaning of words and sentences spoken by the speaker, during the conversation.

Listening is a bit difficult, because it requires concentration and attention, and the human mind is easily distracted. People use it as a technique to comprehend, what is being said, through different verbal and non-verbal signs, i.e. how it is being said? What type of words is used? Tone and pitch of voice, body language and so on.

Active listening is the key element; that makes the communication process effective. Further, it encompasses making sounds that show listener’s attentiveness and providing feedback. It had a greater influence in our lives and used to gain information, learn and understand things and so on.

And to summarize.

1. The hearing is an inborn ability but listening is a learned skill
Which was one of the main points the article I posted earlier revolved around, and which, very oddly, you seemed to really miss the boat on, and which is kinda sorta critical to this discussion, read, you are not born listening but you are born hearing, and listening is a learned skill, which kinda sorta implies you can have "skilled listeners" , you know, folks like musicians and stuff.

And btw the "beep" tests that naysayers love so much measure hearing, and listening, which is the thingee that allows one to make judgements about cables. not so much.

So carry on. Very much looking forward to your next pile of gobbledygook, errrr, tractate.