Entire system cable recommendation

I wondering if anyone can share what cables they've had success pairing with components below. I'm looking to spend from $5k-7k, new or used. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks for the help,
Rodrigo

- Audio Research DAC8
- Musical Fidelity M6500i
- Monitor Audio PL300 speakers
rodrigoeliedson

Showing 16 responses by bo1972

I do not offend people personally. And I am sorry if they feel so. I hate those products who make average quality for a long time. Because I want people to get more value for there money.
Audiolabyrinth is right Taralabs is also a very good combi with Monitor Audio. In the past I sold a lot Taralabs with the Platinum series.
@Audiolabyrinth; does Taralabs not have a job for you? You are there best ambassador they can get!!
It is even more simple: Purist Audio powercables, Audioquest loudspeakercable. Interlinks I would go for AQ or Kimber. I have sold many Pl-300's. I played with them for over 5 years with the Nordost Valhalla. But the new AQ loudspeakercables are superior to the Nordost cables. Audioquest and Kimber works very well both with Monitor Audio. These days I play with the Pl-200 and PLW-15 togheter. The Pl-200 is in timing and focus superior to the Pl-300. Wenn yo use a PLW-15 it will winn every single battle with ease. They use a better and different filter what makes it a much better speaker.
Purist Audio make in my opinion the best powercables. Audioquest does not even come close. I tested them and compared them. Purist Audio does every single part better than there competitors.
Noooooo Slissssstech. I am from holland and tested many Slisstech cables. Overrated brand. The former distributer of Siltech was so dissapointed in the quality that they stopped selling it. I understand why, and yess it is a very average quality. Nothing more, nothing less!
The thing with many Siltech cables is that thew work like a filter. The filter in the mid freq. So people think they get more in the low and high freq. But.......yessss you get less. But I understand why people make this misstake often. Siltech is not so big in europe anymore. Because there are many brands who do a better job these days. As time goes on....
I sold many Kimber PK-14 cables. The Palladium is not that special. The Purist Audio powercables are superior in this price range. With the PG-14 gold you buy a very good cable for the money. It does everything right and has no flaws. We also compared them with some Audioquest powercables. They were better. But the Purist Audio 20th Ann were of a higher level. Also different price. Audioquest is in technique further compared to Kimber. More precise and have more dynaimc and also resolution. Even the focus is sharper and the stage is wider and deeper. Kimber has to develope new cables to get a higher level.
Hidiamond cables can give a very pleasant warm overwhole sound. But the weakest point of many of there cables is speed and timing. They are not the best cables in speed and controle.
I have to admit that in 2009 I have done the last tests with Hidiamond. These days I work a lot with Audioquest, Kimber and Purist Audio Design.
Always choose an amp wich can give a deep and wide stage:

- I sold a lot Primare with Platinum.

- Pass labs is s very good match.

- Pathos also works also very well. also to create a deep and wide stage.

* What I said earlier I sold a lot Musical Fidelity in the past. I also gave presentations for MF in the past. It is a good match. But it cannot give the deep stage that other amps can make ( see above). Depth makes the Platinum speakers special and how they can top brands like B&W, Kef and Dynaudio in the same price league. Wenn you use amp's which can give a 3-dimensional image. Platinum speakers reach a much higher level than B&W, Dynaudio or Kef ever can reach. Because this part gives the most thrilling and convincing sound for the search for the absolute sound.
The difference between Transparent and Audioquest is timing and blacks. The Audioquest redwood 2013 I sold this year gives a touchable image I only experienced with some life music in a small setting. I used the Nordost Valhalla for over 12 years. I bought it wenn it came out. I never thought that the Redwoodwood would be better in timing even compared to the Valhalla. The 2013 redwood is a lot more dynamic than the Valhalla. But the low freq are faster and shorter. A bassdrum has the speed what you hear also in real. The Platinum 200 is a lot better in timing and speed thena the Platinum 300. in 2012 I went from the Pl-300 tot the Pl-200. Many of my clients also went from Pl-300 to Pl-200. After my demo's. The stage is also wider and deeper. I did not like classical music witht the Pl-300. Since I use the Pl-200 I love classical music again. The Pl-200 has a more natural ( realistic) sound compared to the Pl-300. Before the Pl-300 I had the B&W 800S. These were great with classical music. The Pl-300 were disappointing for classical music. So I stopped hearing in the period of 5 years I owned them. The Pl-200 with the PlW-15 is a stunning team. At a big audioshow this year with all the big brands I was the absolute sound with my own system.
I did test many brands of cables in my life. Also small companies. Often they were ok till good. But never extremely good. They do not have the money for research and knowledge some bigger companies have. Purist Audio is one of the exceptions of a smaller brand which is capable of making stunning cables.
Audioquest is great in loudspeakercables, interconnects and hdmi cables ( usb etc) and subcables There powercables are ok, but not good enough for me. Kimber PK-14 is a great affordable powercable. To have every cable of the same brand doesn't say anything. I am Always only interested in the best endresults, that is all that counts. Audioquest is one of the few brands who have all properties in one cable. Normaly you need at least 2 brands to get all the parts in your system.

- a deep and fast low freq. respons
- a very sharp indivual focus of all instruments and voices. ( instruments and voices have the right ( very small) proportion as in real)
- a deep and wide stage.
- a very open and musical mid freq.
- open high freq. without harshness.
- very good blacks to get a touchable image of all the instruments and voices.

Wen you buy Audioquest with DBS 72v you get a much better timing and blacks compared to competitors.
Wenn you want to buy a good cable for a poweramp or integrated buy a powercable with enough awg. This cables are not the best for amps. For example; I sold many Valhalla powercables. And I did hundreds of tests with them. Purist Audio powercable are superior on poweramps compared to Valhalla on the same amp's.
For me it was the same. I did not had Audioquest for a long time on my radar. They have made a good step to a higher level. The Gibraltar with 72V DBS will be a great improvement. I love 72v DBS, and it make a big difference. I do not work for Audioquest, because I am still a perfectionist. In my world there powercables are not good enough. As you know I like Taralabs as well and sold it a lot for over 3 years of time.