Holographic imaging

Hi folks, is the so called holographic imaging with many tube amplifiers an artifact? With solid state one only hears "holographic imaging" if that is in the recording, but with many tube amps you can hear it all the time. So solid state fails in this department? Or are those tube amps not telling the truth?

Chris
dazzdax
Roger paul: There is no confusion. What you initially described is not doppler shift and your analogy and most recent explanation is contrived, at best. You are not describing doppler shift. My suspicion is that this adherence to an obviously incorrect series of statements involves a profit or justification for a purchase. The explanations are so far from the truth that there must be some motivation.
... there must be some motivation.
Musicnoise (Threads | Answers)

There's no hidden agenda here that I can see. It's obvious. The man wants to sell his wares, and overcoming buyers' objections is part of the process.

As is raising them.
Tvad: Thanks for the heads up. I had not noticed that he was selling wares connected with his theories. Certainly explains the explanations.
Atmasphere,

Yes I am familiar with Propagation Delay and all the classic textbook terms that pertain to amplifiers.
None of which was helpful in troubleshooting the real issues facing a relatively simple task of making a small signal larger.

I built my first TUBE amplifier in 1969 :)

Yes - I intend to answer your questions

Roger
Just an end users comment here: I own Ralph's gear and to my and my fiends ears, he has solved the "the real issues facing...(the) task of making a small signal larger" to all our great musical satisfaction. I am not familiar with the A- or whatever CAT, so I cannot form an opinion if it is really that break-through which some make it out to be. Generally however, good old Bill does not use his acid squirt gun without good reason, but what do I know. I know however, and that for certain, that in a well set up rig, volume and pitch do not have anything to do with each other. My better half and I are blessed, or cursed if you like, with a "the absolute ear", she especially would notice the tiniest aberration in pitch, in fact I use her to set up my TT and I would have noticed something like that in all those long decades of listening to music at home.