Holographic imaging

Hi folks, is the so called holographic imaging with many tube amplifiers an artifact? With solid state one only hears "holographic imaging" if that is in the recording, but with many tube amps you can hear it all the time. So solid state fails in this department? Or are those tube amps not telling the truth?

Chris
dazzdax
Roger, the term for the time it takes a signal to pass through an amplifier is called Propagation Delay. It is usually a constant at all frequencies within the pass band of the amplifier circuit. But- has nothing to do with Doppler Effect.

I noticed that you did not answer any of my questions. Do you have intention of doing so?
Roger paul: There is no confusion. What you initially described is not doppler shift and your analogy and most recent explanation is contrived, at best. You are not describing doppler shift. My suspicion is that this adherence to an obviously incorrect series of statements involves a profit or justification for a purchase. The explanations are so far from the truth that there must be some motivation.
... there must be some motivation.
Musicnoise (Threads | Answers)

There's no hidden agenda here that I can see. It's obvious. The man wants to sell his wares, and overcoming buyers' objections is part of the process.

As is raising them.
Tvad: Thanks for the heads up. I had not noticed that he was selling wares connected with his theories. Certainly explains the explanations.
Atmasphere,

Yes I am familiar with Propagation Delay and all the classic textbook terms that pertain to amplifiers.
None of which was helpful in troubleshooting the real issues facing a relatively simple task of making a small signal larger.

I built my first TUBE amplifier in 1969 :)

Yes - I intend to answer your questions

Roger