How can power cords make a difference?

I am trying to understand why power cords can make a difference.

It makes sense to me that interconnects and speaker cables make a difference. They are dealing with a complex signal that contains numerous frequencies at various phases and amplitudes. Any change in these parameters should affect the sound.

A power cord is ideally dealing with only a single frequency. If the explanation is RF rejection, then an AC regeneration device like PS Audio’s should make these cords unnecessary. I suppose it could be the capacitance of these cables offering some power factor correction since the transformer is an inductive load.

The purpose of my post is not to start a war between the “I hear what I hear so it must be so” camp and the “you’re crazy and wasting your money,” advocates. I am looking for reasons. I am hoping that someone can offer some valid scientific explanations or point me toward sources of this information. Thanks.
bruce1483
Mhubbard. As long as it was included and the price did not suddenly rise to cover the expense to Krell for supplying it. The price the factory pays for any given part is usually five times that amount at retail ( to the end user ).

Even assuming that the Krell people can purchase a great aftermarket cord at one fourth of what we pay, the price still turns out to be more than retail at the check out counter.

There are those who would object if the cost were even a few hundred dollars more, and those who did not object to the price, would likely have their own idea as to which brand they preferred at that price level.

I am glad I do not have to make the decision as to which cord to include. My guess is no matter what you choose, someone would be unhappy. Better to include a decent quality Belden that cost $4.00 and keep the price low. You are probably already paying $20.00 for that stock Belden that is included for "free."
Hello Bruce,

I myself have been wondering very much about this topic and have found myself having a similar conversation with my father. I am quite new to HiFi and take about all the advice I can get (so anyone reading this please feel free to share your opinions). You could even say my interest in HiFi was sparked by my pop's interest. Anyways, my dad in his younger days loved music and became an electrical engineer out of his interest for acoustics. He was fortunate enough to land a job using some very ridiculously expensive test equipment, bruer and kerr (I think is how you spell it phonetically), supposedly its the best. I can't say from first hand experience because I chose to study computer science instead of following old pop's footsteps. Anyways, from what he has told me, this is the same brand of test equipment that McIntosh (I'm sure other companies as well) uses to design, measure and calibrate their amplifiers. This same brand also builds exteremly precise amplifiers (greatly exceeding the technical specifications of those used for HiFi audio) for vibration tables used in scientific research. Ok, whats the moral of the story? The equipment I mentioned earlier in the post all use "regular" or "stock" power cables.
Well according to the brochure I read, they filter noises,
they clean power,other than that with my experience with
costum power cord, and cardas pc, and kimber pc, they
did a lot of improvement with my system.Its like forget
about trying to forget how a plane can fly,JUST FLY
AND TRAVEL WITH, CASE DISMISSED, NEXT CASE PLEASE.
A new creation in power cord design has just been released and I mean radically new. In terms of performance, it will be far more important than the eletronics it is being pluged into.