Pass X-250.5 or McIntosh MC402?

I have B&W N802 and for some time planning to buy X250.5 amp.
I heard others found better match with big Macs?! I also had good results with Mimetism Audio 15.2 model. Please advise...
srdan

Showing 4 responses by mmitch7711

I too am considering the Pass X series, I presently own a pair of Mac 501's, I have owned a Mac amp since 1978, no other, my fear is if I change I may not like a different amp due to I am so used to the Mac sound. Another problem is yes you can go to a showroom and listen to different amps, however it may not sound as good in your system. I live in Wichita KS and there are absolutely "zero" highend establishments inside of a 200 mile radius, most places in KC will not hear of taking a piece home for a brief audition. So what do you do? I have considered moving up to the MC-1201, I was trying to wait to see if Mac will be announcing a new line of amps anytime soon, does anyone out there have any updates concerning Mac upgrades?
Mmitch7711...why do you want to change? If you are pleased with your setup, don't fiddle with it.

To tell you the truth, I have no idea "why", I guess I am like many who post on this site, always looking to take system up another level, however if you stop and think about it, where is the end of the tunnel. Yes, I am pleased with my setup, maybe I need to just relax and enjoy for a while before trying to fix something that definitely ain't broke.
Brianmgrarcom

Excellent advise, I read the forums at least 3-4 times a day and I more than always read how someone has had a breakthrough or the ultimate experience. I guess control is a virtue, however temptation can be an evil in this hobby, not to mention an expensive evil. Although some posts have helped me immensely, I find myself caught up into looking for that "home run" thread.But I have to be real with myself, It's not going to happen, so I am going to chill for a while and enjoy my masterpiece. As the old saying goes, the grass always looks greener on the other side.

Thanks
Mitch
Interesting that you seem to be just generally dissatisfied for some unknown reason, just a lack of pleasure

Don't get me wrong, if you are referring to Mmitch7711, I am not dissatisfied with my system at all, I was merely trying to protray that sometimes I (we) can get caught up in the thread traffic of how someone reaped huge benefits and be bitten by the bug. I will speak for myself on this one because I have changed components way too much in the past three years. I finally have a setup that is simply marvelous, however I received an e-mail from someone who used to operate the Mc-501, however has since changed to the Pass Labs and he thinks they are way above the Mac. With that said, I immediately wondered how the Pass would sound in my system. However upon reading this thread and taking sensible advice from others I have decided to take a chill pill. I know I am not in this alone, however I have made up my mind to "Slow Down", and enjoy what I have. If you look at my system, I feel I am blessed. That's all I was saying.

Thanks
Mitch