Pass X-250.5 or McIntosh MC402?

I have B&W N802 and for some time planning to buy X250.5 amp.
I heard others found better match with big Macs?! I also had good results with Mimetism Audio 15.2 model. Please advise...
srdan
Mmitch7711...Unfortunately it is easy in the hobby to get caught up in the chase or whatever one wants to call it. If you have to, pull away from the forums and magazines for awhile, it may curb that desire to change, especially if you are already happy. In my (humble) opinion, your 501's are wonderful amps, no need to change.

You have a very nice system; in looking at your room, I chuckle and wonder if you are married? One might not want to head for the upstairs in the dark!

Take your own advice, relax and enjoy (what you have put together)!!
Brianmgrarcom, I think the N802 may even be tougher to drive than the newer 802D or so I've been told by the B&W dealer. Supposedly because of the improvements in a crossover design in the newer D line...but don't take my word for it...
Brianmgrarcom

Excellent advise, I read the forums at least 3-4 times a day and I more than always read how someone has had a breakthrough or the ultimate experience. I guess control is a virtue, however temptation can be an evil in this hobby, not to mention an expensive evil. Although some posts have helped me immensely, I find myself caught up into looking for that "home run" thread.But I have to be real with myself, It's not going to happen, so I am going to chill for a while and enjoy my masterpiece. As the old saying goes, the grass always looks greener on the other side.

Thanks
Mitch
Well said Mitch and I wish you the best! I've been there myself. The forums can be fun to partake in but at some point we must "get a hold of ourselves", I believe the hobby can be more enjoyable at that point.

Brian
I'm going for my personal record within the past 5 years....no changes for a year....will be in Feb 2008.
Well, except an addition of a turntable...but I don't consider it a change...it's an addition
:)

I've been buying tons of new music and attending live events instead of blowing $ on components lately.

At times, in the process, we get so sucked in in changing components that we forget the purpose, which is to enjoy the music. We don't even let the components and cable break in and settle before we already start browsing the classifieds here.

Be strong Mitch. :)
If you like the way the rig sounds, leave it alone. The grass MAY be greener on the other side, but to find out if it is, sometimes it gets costly and doesn't necessarily have the desired outcome. Synergy is the key, but the downside is that it is easier disturbed than achieved.