Review of Emotiva Processors

I am trying to decide whether to go from a high end receiver to a pre/pro system. I am strongly considering the Emotiva as a mid level unit and couple with a Rotel or outlaw amp on some KLipsches. I cannot find much on Emotiva. People are just selling them but no indication why. Also very few reviews to learn if they are any good.

Thoughts?
viper6383

Showing 2 responses by viper6383

My reasoning for the Emotiva pre is the price point, reported SQ, and features. I need HDMIs, USB, auto EQ, and all for under a grand. I would rather buy used but even used, pres with all these features would be a stretch.

Why go with Emco amps over Rotel? Just curious. I realize neither are really top of the line but all I can get into at this point.

I was really about to take the plunge into an Elite receiver and rather trying to decide if going to a pre/pro system on my Klipsch reference speakers will benefit me much. Thoughts?
Because my system doubles for 2CH use and HT, SQ is a high concern. I am also trying to reduce the noise floor. My current Denon 2802 does NOT impress and I consider it's sound rather grainy and harsh. I am told just having the new auto EQ systems in the loop can fix a LOT of issues.

I was looking hard at the Elite SCs or a preamp. Some have indicated a preamp will "substantially" reduce my noise floor because the preamp and amp are now separated. Because my KLipsches are horn loaded, they tell all with noise so low noise is very important. However, I would not see to point in separates if I am going to get .01% (example) improvement over a receiver setup. I am already running my mains on a Rotel RB1090 which reduces serious demand from a receiver.