Skylan vs. Sound Anchor speaker stands? Comments?

Is there an appreciable difference between Sound Anchor and Skylan speaker stands? They both appear well made. Each can be filled with sand.

If you believe one is superior, please explain why.

Thanks in advance.
tvad
I have the four post Skylans ( 24") I can confirm they are very stable and well built. Unfortunately I have no experience with the Sound Anchors. Certainly once shipping is taken into account the much lighter, when empty and flat packed, Skylans will be a lot cheaper! I remember reading on the Harbeth forum, someone who went from Sound Anchors to Skylans for his Monitor 40s and prefered the later. However he recently posted that he had moved on to using wooden barstools with even greater success!.
...he recently posted that he had moved on to using wooden barstools with even greater success!.
Pcoombs (System | Threads | Answers)
Ah, the stale Guiness tweak!
Makes you wonder why he didn't try the barstools first.I guess they were not "audiophile approved" and did not cost enough to warrant an audition!!!!!!!!
I have both for my Spendor S 100s. The one thing I am sure of is that they don't sound the same. The 100s did not work well in my current room previous to its overhaul and I have not had a chance to work with them in its new configuration. For THIS PARTICULAR SPEAKER I would probably go with Skylan as the SAs use adjustable rubber feet to hold the back of the speaker and I don't care for this. But this is a personal prejudice and they worked fine in previous rooms.
Stanwal, the Skylan web page describes incorporating neoprene de-coupling pads. Are these located on the top of the top plate (thus between the bottom of the speaker and the top of the stand)?

Do you use them this way?

I wonder if these neoprene pads, and the SA's adjustable rubber feet can be removed?

I have purchased speakers that are intended to be placed on mass loaded stands, but the manufacturer recommends blue tacking the speakers to the stands for rigidity.